Thursday, December 3, 2009

Let's Fling This On The Wall And See What Sticks


There is a 1/2 marathon in Salt Lake City on
April 17, 2010.
Anybody want to run it??
I think it could be fun (as fun as running gets) to do it with lots of family and friends!
Here is a link to the information:

http://www.halfmarathons.net/usa_half_marathons_utah_salt_lake_city_half_marathon.html

It does cost $55 to enter until Dec 31st, then it cost $65.

The course looks like it is mostly flat and downhill.

Christopher, Steven and Heather all Graduate/have the ceremony on April 20th or 21st so we will be up there for that, so why can't we go a few days earlier to run a 1/2 marathon!

Zak says he'll run; no training....just carbo loading.

Come on!! Who else will do it?? Really!!
Running is not fun, it is hard, achy and sweaty work, but doing this with family could be ok. Think how good we'll feel at the finish line!

8 comments:

G Dawney said...

I think you scared everybody.

Running is not, and never has been, my thing. But I am waffling. I was training to run a 5K but ended up getting surgery (tonsils) that week, instead.

You are DEFINITELY an inspiration.

I will continue to mull it over.

Julie/mom said...

I just wanted to be honest!

I am SHOCKED by several things!!
I really thought people would comment with a OK or a NO WAY.

I really thought Jessica would do it...come on! I know Don runs, or he used to, he could do it. I thought Steven would; I thought maybe Christopher would. I thought Tim could do it!

Haley? Allysa?

Candice has no internet right now, but I know she is thinking about it; hoping it syncs up with Tanner's Spring Break.

Really ANYBODY has time to train now for it. Look it up on line, people go from zero to ready in 4 months.

DAWNEY!! Tonsils!! I had no idea! That is a huge thing! Hope you are feeling alright now. It is not an easy surgery. A nice after effect is losing some weight. Let's hope you at least got that!

Even if you don't sign up for the 1/2 marathon, you can sign up for the 5K.

Steven said...

I would do it if it cost 5 dollars. I guess I just couldn't find it in myself to pay $55 for torture.

JessicaG. said...

I WOULD SO LOVE TO DO IT!!!!! I haven't been around to internet access in a while I think this is a great idea. My only problem is the money. So I'm up for sponsership! any takers?

JessicaG. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
G Dawney said...

Ok. I think I am in for the 5K. That is as much as I think I can stand--or run.

I will sponsor Jessica as well, but she has to run the 1/2.

Tatia, if I can do this then YOU CAN TOO. We could train together. It will be a pain.

Let's see some commitment from the rest of Utah Weenies. Yes, I mean you, Christopher and Steven. Tim is a weenie too.

Nana said...

I think this is something I can look forward too doing! I'll talk to dad. I would love it if we all went! I would feel bad if someone were left out. I'll do it if Heather will. She will need a sponsor - Maybe her employer at BYU. It is 13 miles, right? I'll probably end up walking but you know, I cannot be last!!!

G Dawney said...

Mom, I think you should do the 5K, not the 1/2 Marathon. It will be very bad for my self image if you do more than I do!