Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Problem with Exercise...




The problem with exercise is the aftermath…it is not positive.  It’s negative.  Lungs hurt.  Body is shaking with weakness.  Mouth is dry.  Muscle soreness sets in. Takes a long time be able to breathe normally.  Feel exhausted, not energized.  Feeling sweaty is gross.   Why on earth would I do it again if these are the immediate consequences?  On the other hand, eating bread and chocolate has instant gratification.  I immediately feel good.  Endorphins are up.  Energy is up.  Brain is happy.  Of course I will do it again when I feel empty 2 hours later.  Who wouldn’t?  What is wrong with this picture?   AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

2 comments:

Candice said...

You cannot expect your body to behave in a positive way to exercise when you have not done it for a long time. You only get that positive feeling once you have put in the time and commitment. THEN your body feels rejuvenated, energized, and so happy that you did it. Just keep going, Tatia, After the trial comes the blessing!!!

Chase said...

I remember each time after I got lung surgery I would go out to the track to start trying to get back into shape. At first I could barely finish one lap without getting out of breath, but I just listened to music to keep myself entertained and was able to do a little more each time until I got into decent shape. You don't have to kill yourself every time you go exercise! Listen to music or something to keep yourself entertained and its not so bad