Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Books for the Cruise

What books are you bringing on the cruise?
I am taking an Aunt Dimity mystery (think Miss Marpleish), Aunt Dimity's Good Deed
A Robin Cook thriller, Crisis
A book club selection (these are usually boring) Life of Pi
and Mom thinks one of my books I got at the library was for her but as long as she carries it in her suitcase I am happy for her to think so. It's another lighthearted mystery by Dorothy Cannell. I've never read her. It's called Bridesmaids Revisited. (An Ellie Haskell mystery. )

Don is bringing an historical fiction novel about King Alfred the Great called Lords of the North by Bernard Cornwell. He has read lots of Cornwells stuff. He really likes it. He's like Juliet Marilleir for men.

8 comments:

Julie/mom said...

I tried to read Life of Pi - I disliked it...can't remember anymore than that

Quinn said...

I am going to be forced to bring a book so ill bring "The Long Patrol"
which about legendary warriors battling to the finish and old problem. (I probably wont read)

G Dawney said...

QUINN! You are required to read, AND report to us nightly at dinner!!!

G Dawney said...

I am bringing:
Thirteen Moons - recommended by Julie
Fried Green Tomatoes - did you know that was written by Fannie Flagg!!!
The Secret Life of Bees - also from Julie's book blog
The Blessed Child - on loan from a friend
A New Kind of Christian - I really need to finish this so that I give it back to Mark to read

G Dawney said...

I just rechecked the book blog. Julie DOES NOT recommend reading 13 moons. So that one will stay home!

Quinn said...

HA! HA! I dont have a book

Julie/mom said...

I am going to bring:
Suspect, by John Lescroart - finishing this book, have read all his other books, love them
Fire Along the Sky, by Sara Donali - I have read her other books and liked them too
French by Heart - An american family's adventure in LaBelle France - it just looked interesting
Cliff House Strangler by Shirley Tallman, this is Historical Fiction, and it looked interesting too.
I may not bring the Fire Along the Sky - so big, heavy, and I have other lighter books...hmm plus Candice is bringing me Twilight. I won't have time to do anything BUT read. Oh well.

Nana said...

I took the "Street Lawyer". It was a good one. I think it's by Clancy. I don't read a whole lot anymore - tires my eyes out - but am always on the lookout for a really good book. "The Life of Pi" bout did me in. ugh! "Life of Bees" was very good.