Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Visit to Uncle Quentin's Farm . . .


Candice came with three children. Husband came later. We swaddled Lola Bee and laid her in a basket. There she slept very well.

Bumpa loved holding her.

Nana held her while CMP did her run for forty minutes.

And Teo played in the dirt box. It worked almost as good as sand.

And swung on the swing.



Then we visited Uncle Quentin's farm. He brought the 1917 cletrac
out of the barn and let all of us take a ride!


Nana went first!




Next came Bumpa, and Candice, then Gilbert with Teo.


Teo sat on the horse and Bumpa held Lola.
Then we all went to see more horses.
Teo found Mother Hen with her baby chicks.
He followed them. . .




Candice held Baby while Teo gathered eggs from the nest.


Here is Quentin in his 81st year.(He is scheduled for a pacemaker in four days) Now, is done and Quentin is resting peacefully at home. Those of you who wish, might want to send him a sweet card.
Riitta and Gary are conversing, I think about cinnamon rolls!
Some delicious ones are ready to come out of the oven
any minute now!!

We all had a most delightful time.
Thanks to Quentin and Riitta for a wonderful experience!

2 comments:

Julie/mom said...

Great pics, MOM! It was almost like being there.
I got to hold Lola yesterday. So nice. Then Kylie came and asked to hold her, I reluctantly said ok. She held her for a bit, then she started to cry, so I told Zak to give it a try, see if he could make Lola happy. He bounced her for a bit and pretty soon Lola curled up on Zak's shoulder and fell to sleep! Zak was awarded the "badge of honor" (read large drool mark) on his shirt. It was great.

Nana said...

Julie, the first thing I remembered to do when I awoke this morning was to answer your comment. I love that you live close enough to CMP to see her babies. LolaBee is so special. so delightful to hold, so good natured with her darling smile. I miss them both very much. they are a lot of work! almost too much for me, but good for you and Candice. I think Gil and Candice are wonderful parents. Tanner needs them as well. I think he might be a little lost. Please look out for him too. I think it is a privilege to hold them, and to love them. I think HF sent some of His best. I'm so grateful you live there and can be close. You did such a wonderful job on your own. I love you. Have a good Sunday.