Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Cole Family Tradition

One of our New Year's Eve traditions is to play, the New Year's Eve Game! It is very fun, and made up by me, Julie.

You pick a category, answer the question, get points. This year we had 10 categories and around 145 questions. After the questions, we add up the points, then with those points we auction off the prizes. Very rousing and fun.

A new category this year was First Lines of Books.

I thought I would share this category with you all. If you know any of the answers, give the answers in the comment section. I will print the answers in a few days.

HAVE FUN!!

FIRST LINES OF BOOKS

A. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,


B. "Where's Papa going with that ax?" said Fern to her mother


C. Once there were four children whose names were Peter, Susan, Edmond, and Lucy.


D. For many days we had been tempest-tossed.


E. Mathias cut a comical figure as he hobbled his way along the cloisters


F. It was not that Omri didn't appreciate Patrick's birthday present to him.


G. 'Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again


H. All children, except one, grow up.


I. Kino awakened in the near dark.


J. Call me Ishmael.


K. Please sir, I want some more…


L. I Nephi, having been born of goodly parents

4 comments:

G Dawney said...

Hee hee!! I get to be first...

A. A Tale of Two Cities
B. Charlotte's Web
C. A Series of Unfortunate Events

G. Rebecca

J. Moby Dick
K. Oliver Twist -- is that the first line?!!!

L. ... Sounds familiar, but I just can't place it

Now, just so you know, I have found all of the answers on the Internet. So if you play, play fair and answer the ones that you know without looking them up.

G Dawney said...

And who won? And what did you auction off? Julie, you are the most creative game-maker-upper I know!!

Anonymous said...

OK OK OK!
A. Charles Dicken's about the French Revolution (the name escapes me at the moment)
B. Charlottes Web
C. L,W atW (in code)
D. Swiss Family Robinson
E. Da Vinci Code
F. Indian in the cupbourd or one of the sequels
G.Rebecca. Duh.
H. Peter Pan
I. Kerry's book...
J. The Haj (but I think Dawney is right)
K. Okiver
L. BoM
That was fun...do more do more...

Nana said...

Tatia, it's "DAH"