Thursday, January 17, 2008

"WORLD WITHOUT END"

I finished the book, "Wd Wtht End" on our trip to Hawaii. (Just got back) It went on and on. I was so glad to get it over with. And yes, Julie, is right - We are a product of our choices!! In the 1300's everything was so primitive. So grateful I didn't have to live during that time. There was no freedom to do anything. Those in charge were sly and manipulative and they thought they were very smart.(Godwyn & Philemon) I believe their choices will be a defining factor towards their eternal reward. There were others who geniunely tried to help other people to have a better life and they lost themselves in the service of others.(Caris and Merthin) There were some stupid oafs who lived solely from a physical aspect (Ralph and Alan.) Gwenda lived by the seat of her pants - she did what she had to do to survive. I admired her. Ken Follett used some cheap shots. At times he would throw in some 21st century trailer trash words. I expected him to have more class than that. Don says the first book "Pillars of the Earth" was much worse. I guess I can't remember very well. On a scale of 1 to 10 ... I'll give it a 6.

1 comments:

Julie/mom said...

glad you plowed through to the end!! thanks for talking about W.W.E.