Thursday, January 8, 2009

USPS quiz

Who can name the 8 United States territories for which the post office has a 2 letter abbreviation WITHOUT looking them up? I didn't even know we had that many territories. I am about halfway through my "lessons" Who knew there were SO many different ways to address a letter... and they all need to be keyed in a particular sequence. We did some more ergonomic training today. At the end of it we all introduced ourselves with our name and 1 interesting fact. I said, "my name is Tatia. It is spelled very funny - T A T I A. I was named after a beautiful Russian spy. But I am not one." A couple people talked to me later and they all knew how to spell my name!

4 comments:

Julie/mom said...

did you learn about this in school? (not p.o. school) - I never learned this, it has only been on the peripheral of my knowledge so I looked it up.

G Dawney said...

Ok - without looking it up:

Puerto Rico - PR
American Samoa
Marshall Islands
Something in the Phillipines, I'm sure. I am guessing the rest are all in the Pacific. Egads! Not very good for the trivia queen. I am going to look them all up now.

Tatia, I am so glad that you are enjoying yourself. Please keep posting for us!!!

Steven said...

Guam - Thats all I can add.

Nana said...

Steven hangs in there. Someday he might outwit our Trivia Queen!!