Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I'm Taking a Leap!

I am taking the leap into creating my own "store" for handmade items; handbags, flannel baby blankets, scripture bags, aprons and possibly more.

Here is my beginning.
I am really excited. Now I just need to sew!

I have my site all (mostly) set up:
handbagsandsuch.blogspot.com

As soon as I'm done with an item I will put up the picture. This is just the preview of what is to come!

Don't worry, I will let you all know when the "Grand Opening" happens.

6 comments:

Candice said...

GOOD LUCK!

G Dawney said...

Hope - I brought up Etsy on a previous post... how funny that you thought of it too.

Julie - Etsy is, apparently, a very well known destination for hand made crafts. You may want consider it again.

Anonymous said...

WOW! Fabrics look so fun. So scary to put yourself out there...I am very proud of you. Very brave. I have a friend up here who makes bags. It was vwery popular for awhile. I will try to find out if she is still doing it.

Julie/mom said...

I will probably put something up on ETSY, then link to my own site. For every item you put up on ETSY they want 3% (I think). I just need to get some traffic and I think this will be a good way. (Christopher talked me into it - along with all your comments.) I may put one thing up on EBAY too.
We'll see. I just have to keep sewing!

Nana said...

I have a couple of lovely upholstery ends. I will gladly donate to Julie's cause. will bring them in Mar-Apr depending when Tiny Teao is born!!

GBART said...

I tried to comment on Julies bag site but it wouldn't let me

Anyway

I'm impressed

Bumpa