Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Laguna Hills Half Marathon


Yesterday I ran a half marathon in Laguna Hills to begin our Memorial Day Holiday. We (me, Gil, Tanner, Teo) all drove down Sun. night and stayed with some friends who were also running the race. The week before I was very nervous because all of my runs that week were AWFUL. I did not have any energy and felt icky after each run. So I was very relieved that on race day, by mile 3, I knew it was going to be a good race. I had a goal to finish in 2 hours, which means for me I have to push myself and run hard the whole way. I was so relieved when I crossed the finish line and it read "1:57" I was very happy. It was great to have my family there and feel of their support. Maybe one day I can run a full marathon, but for now, at least, I get to stand in the "half marathon group" in heaven!

3 comments:

GBART said...

I am really impressed!
Now we have something great in common except for the time

Dad

Nana said...

Dearest child, I am sooo very proud of you. This is just not any accomplishment but a half MARATHON!!
and, my guess is that you will be able to stand in most any group in heaven. Love you!

Tatia said...

I am proud of who you are. I don't understand it. But I am proud of you.