Monday, September 27, 2010

Let's Talk TV!

**this post will not contain any pictures since it is too hard to get them!!

I have seen a few VERY enjoyable shows this week!
Here is what I have liked; then you tell us what you like!!

MONDAY: a BIG night!

NBC: The EVENT **this one could be my favorite. It has flavors of Lost. You really should watch the first one, which is on tonight, then watch the new one which is also on tonight. DVR if you need to!

FOX: Lone Star - I really enjoyed this one too! It has con men; families; oil people; rich people regular people. One of the con men is struggling with staying in the "family business" or going straight. He loves his wife and ....his new wife...he can't help it. I am afraid this one might get cancelled; it's what I heard on the radio.

CBS: Hawaii 5-0 - I watched this one later; didn't think I would like it; but it was GREAT! I really enjoyed it. It has Jin from Lost! One of the guys; Dan-o, is James Conn's son. He is a great actor. The other main guy played a vampire in a show I watched last year; he was very good in that. Really this is on the top of my must watch list!

NBC: Chase - I liked this one fine. I do think it could get a little old. FBI, they are looking for the bad guy; they happen to find him before the show ends....


TUESDAY:

NBC: The Biggest Loser...I'm sure it will get better

ABC: Detroit 1-8-7 - I liked this fine; good acting; it has a lot of the flavor of NYPD Blue


WEDNESDAY:

CBS: Survivor - if you missed this, it was excellent!! So good; best "you're off the island" ceremony ever!

CBS: The Defenders: this was fine. Not sure if I will keep watching it. Has Jim Belushi & Rebecca Roman's new husband...what's his name?? They are funny and lawyers all set in Las Vegas. Oh - the husband's name is Jerry O'Connell.

Not sure what day:

Blue Bloods: with Tom Seleck and Mark Walberg. It was fine. Come on, I can't watch everything! Cop show, in New York, or somewhere like that. Is there corruption in the police station? That is what the show is about. Tom Seleck's whole family is with the police department...one daughter is a lawyer.

My favorites so far are The Event & Hawaii 5-0. Lone Star comes in very close. I will definitely be watching or recording those. Well, and of course I won't miss Biggest Loser or Survivor.

What are you watching??

5 comments:

Heather said...

I personally love the Amazing Race...guilty pleasure! I plan on watching the event tonight, and I'll let you know what I think :)

Heather said...

So...the event. Steven and I watched both episodes, and after the first one we were skeptical. We thought it was kind of cheesy, and trying a little too hard to be Lost.

That being said, we decided to give it another chance. The second episode was much better, but still, there's something that I feel is lacking...or more, I feel like it really is trying way to hard to be an epic show, and so far, it's not. I think epicness just happens because of something being great, so when it's forced, it comes off as being a let down.

There were interesting enough ideas being thrown around that I'll stick around for a few more episodes. I'd rate it a 6.89/10, with LOST being a 10, and Barney being a 1.

Chase said...

my roommates watch Friday Night Lights all the time. I've sat through a couple episodes and its one of the few shows that can hold my attention for a whole episode (well..sometimes).

I dont think its airing right now, but one of my roommates has a netflix subscription for his XBOX, so we can watch any of these shows/movies any time we want

Julie/mom said...

I also watch the Amazing Race. Hope one day to do it! Maybe it could be me & Zak against Heather & Steven!!

I have recorded The Event; still haven't had a chance to watch it; I need more time for TV watching.

Friday Night Lights: I have also watched that and quite enjoyed it! I do think some shows have different "seasons". Maybe FNL will start new in January. I hope; I can't take much more TV.

Biggest Loser: hardly enjoying it this season; which is fine; frees up some of my time for other watching.

HEY: anyone notice the HTML notice right below the comment box?

How do you use that HTML; where; and what do those tags mean...I am guessing bold, italics...

Chase said...

bold
italics
test

b = bold
i = italics
a = I'm not sure...whatever it did to the "test" text

To make your text bold, put <.b> (without the .) before the text and <./b> (without the period) to end the bold, and obviously the same for the other ones