Tuesday, November 17, 2009

and more interview updates!

Okay - I'm about at the end of all my interviews. Whew! This has been a long haul. Totaling 23 different companies, I have flown to Houston (twice), Washington DC (twice...and one more in December), Seattle, San Jose, and San Antonio. I decided to sign myself up for some frequent flyer miles, so now I get more free flights. I've received a total of 5 offers so far, with reasonably high expectations to get 4 more this week. I've eaten at so many fancy restaurants in the last few weeks that I am actually looking forward to making myself some mac & cheese for lunch.


Moral of the story for all you youngsters reading the blog: go to college. When you get there, do well and don't study something useless (like political science).

5 comments:

Christopher said...

Political science is what Tatia studied, right? It has been a while since I've teased her, so I may as well get some shots in via the blog.

G Dawney said...

Right on the button.

And stop teasing girls!!

Julie/mom said...

I think you are teasing Heather too.

Good job on your college work, your choice of study and for getting so much of it paid for by scholarships!!

GBART said...

Dear Christopher,
I know it can be a little disappointing to needle someone and get no response, so I am simply writing to let you know that I did indeed respond. I almost burst into tears. Yes, it's true. We all know that I am the most sensitive of the aunts with great self-esteem issues. But don't worry, I have since realized that your little computer-saturated brain simply cannot grasp the subtleties and complexities of the scientific world of politics... I could, after all, have chosen to become the first woman president but intstead, answered a higher, although less lucrative, calling.

Tatia said...

HEY!!!!!
I am not Bumpa. I am Cest'moi. Dad - next time you sign in to the blog on my computer - SIGN YOURSELF OUT!!!! What kind of impression do you think it gives when I write an entire essay and then it appears under YOUR name???
Ugh.