Thursday, November 19, 2009

Goal Accomplished!!!

Today I ran a half marathon from home (13 miles without stopping), and accomplished my goal of losing 42lbs after giving birth to Teo. It was a great feeling running my last two miles (very hard, by the way) knowing that all my hard work had paid off. And it was hard work!

I have 3 more weeks to prepare before entering my half marathon race in Oxnard, Ca. on Dec. 13th. I'll be thinking of Mom and Dad since it is their anniversary that day.

I've learned a lot about running and about coping with the pain. It takes me about 4 miles before my legs start to relax and I can run without pain, but at about 8 miles the real pain sets in. I'm not tired as much as I'm in pain. I feel like I could go much longer if my legs wouldn't hurt so much. The one thing I am thankful for is the voice inside my head. It is always positive and always encourages me on to the next stage. It tells me I am strong and that I can do it! I feel happy after I am done.

I also feel so happy I have a body that is healthy and capable of doing what I want. I know it is a blessing. I definitely feel ALIVE when I am running. Next week, I'll try for 14 miles so I can continue to push my limits. I'll be glad when my training is finally OVER!!!

5 comments:

Tatia said...

Candice,
I am speechless...
Your determination and perseverance amaze me. I am awed at your ability to mentally and physically push through the pain, because I know it is real. You will definitely be standing in that group in heaven.

I am proud of you.
Love, tph

GBART said...

I'm very impressed!!!!

Idid the half marathon in Indianampois with my missionaries. I was really tough after 10 miles...
My nipples bled awful!

Take precautions

Love ya Dad

Julie/mom said...

Fabulous, Candice!
Keep your happy voices going!

Nana said...

I am so proud of both my girls. One has lost 45 lbs. and one, 42!! I am gobsmacked!! especially when it has taken me 14 mos. to lose 14 lbs. I wish I could say I run 5 to 6 miles a day or 13 on a rigid program. I think those days are over for me. But I will still press on and try to lose another 10 lbs. But I think you two are wonderful for sticking to it. You have pioneer blood coarsing through your veins.

Candice said...

that's for sure!