Friday, March 12, 2010

I think I 've found my support system...



OK. After Julie wrote the NoSugar blog, Dad came over and asked me to do it with him. I laughed in his face, but I did agree to do a "no Coke" for one month. I was very ornery for three days and when I complained to Don he said maybe you're not ready for that, try replacing it with something different. {By the way, Mom (Nana) weighs only 2 lbs more than I do, which is FANTASTIC for her and NOT OK for me.} Well, a couple of weeks ago I got all ambitious and made Jenna and a friend of hers go running with me. I ran a mile that day and realized it really is better to have a buddy. Today, Sophia asked me to go to the park with her and some friends so I figured, well I might as well try exercising again. So I took my music and I swear as soon as I turn on my music I'm ready to go.

By the time I get to the park, there are a dozen of Jenna and Sophie's friends, plus Princess and Bear. I start running, but I can't run (jog) more than half a mile before I have switch to skipping which turns into dancing and then I can jog again. After about 1 1/3 miles I did some crunches and pushups, then I started jogging again. This time I got 2 of Jenna's friends to do a lap with me. My lungs still hurt 30 minutes later. Anyway, I decided to text a few people because that was a BIG deal for me. Some of the texts included some of Allysa's friends whom I love and it was SO great to get texts back again, that I think I will exercise again! I thought of including ALL of my family but I didn't want to overstep my bounds...so if you want to be part of my support group just send me a text! I like young people the best...and that includes all young at heart people. Nana and Bumpa had better get texting now. I would be happy to be anyone's texting support group! P.S. Within this code is my number... I was born in 1966. I use 409 to clean my house. When I am resurrected I want to be 33 years old.

5 comments:

Candice said...

I'm young and I can be a good support system. I'd be happy to be a texting buddy.

Julie/mom said...

I'd be happy to get text from you too!

When I started I only walked; was NOT going to run. Then I started adding a little running in and I would walk & run as I needed to. I was going 4 & 5 miles with the walk run thing. It was a good way to ease into it all.

Nana said...

Tatia, I am old but I can be a good support system. I have supported you for 44 yrs! The best thing I can do is walk on the eliptical.

GBART said...

I will be your number one support!!! I will e-mail you my "Weight / Exercise Log" that I have used for 30 years...... Look how thin I am..... just kidding.. But maybe I would be 300 lbs if I didn't use it!

GBART said...

PS I'll send it to any one that requests it via e-mail
GBart@omnilc.com
No Charge!