Friday, November 19, 2010

The Christmas Tree!!


















Nana and Bumpa have their Christmas tree up. We have ornaments for all the children. Here are a few. . .

Here's the top of the tree, very beautiful.
Here is Griffin's snowman and Katys tiny shoe that she wore first.
Here is the 'cut glass' Angel that is hanging for C&G's baby girl.
Here is the bear that Steven made in sixth grade for his "home ec class. He has been on my tree since Stevens sixth grade!
Julie wore a yellow ski outfit when she first started to ski. She became a fabulous skier.
Here is the sock monkey for Teo. He loves Curious George as did Tanner.
Here is Kylie's little angel. Been on my tree for 10 or 11 yrs.
Wow! Christopher has been on my tree for over 25 yrs!!
This is Tatia's. She is an Alligator Mom!!
Here is Quinn. He is a red bear! Rather appropriate, huh?
Zak IS A new red delightful sock! His old ornament was damaged with the broken water pipe in the garage at Oakhill.
Here is a new red stiletto! It represents Jessa, another one represents Mo, and I have to buy two more as they suit Allysa and Haley better that their old ones!
Remember Joshua Mudgeon? who was supposed to be our second son. But, alas, he never came! So he remains an Angel on our tree every year.
I actually bought this iridescent tree for Morgan this year but even tho I have not conversed with her - I am thinking she wants to be a gorgeous high-heel!
This angel went on the tree when Katy was born.
This next little angel is "Mimi". I hope you all know the story because I am getting very tired.
At last, the jumping frog that represents CMP diving into the pool when she was just 18 mos. I know you think I am exaggerating but NO. She squatted down just like a little frog, then jumped into the pool head first and swam underneath the water!! I wish we had had a video of her doing that!! I know I still have Adam's silver apple, Tim's Tiger, at the top of the tree, Mat's flying donkey that I love for it represents many things to me. Haley's "Bunnies" and Chase's polar bear and Allysa's ballet shoes (she was always going to be a dancer and wear 'piple') and Jenna's little dolly, and Daniel used to be Winnie the Poo but now is the gorgeously attired reindeer pulling Santa's sleigh. Bethany's custom made ornament has been on the tree since she was born and meant everything in the world to me But I have just worn myself out and cannot bear another picture. I love you all.

3 comments:

Julie/mom said...

Love the pictures, Mom - AND Great picture at the end of you and Bumpa! Love it!

Tatia said...

THAT WAS SO MUCH WORK, MOM!!! Thank you for putting us all on your tree. That way we all get to spend christmas with you!

GBART said...

Nana has here luncheon for her Angels Group today.
She has gone all out decorating and cooking.
I'm at work at PEF so i'll miss the whole thing.... except for the bills!
She will need a week of bed rest to recover from all the work.
I love her so much!