Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Menu!!!

OK. My girls all like to watch cooking shows on TV, so when we realized we were NOT going to St. George for Thanksgiving Haley went online and found some new recipes for us to try...Here is our Thanksgiving menu:

Foolproof Turkey Breast by Guy Fieri
I just made a brine with kosher salt, brown sugar,
molasses, fresh sage leaves and peppercorns (lots of water).
It smells divine. Tomorrow we will rub the turkey
with lots of different spices and lemon zest...

Honey Glazed Roasted Vegetables:
the glaze is made of olive oil, honey, fresh thyme sprigs
and sherry vinegar...




Browned Butter and Hazelnut Mashed Potatoes - I also have to make some of Nana's mashed potes for Sophia!


Green Beans sauteed with lemon and garlic


Haley wanted Stuffed Sweet potatoes with Pecan and Marshmellow streusel (a recipe by Tyler Florence) but was ultimately overruled and so we will be going with Allysa's sliced yams with pecans, cranberries, and maple syrup.

I found a Poached Pear, Macadamia, and Spinach Salad with Goat Cheese recipe from Food and Wine Magazine. I have to poach the pears
today in red wine, sugar, lemon peel, anise seeds,
a cinnamon stick and a vanilla bean!

And finally the Stuffing....courtesy of Stove Top mixed with applesauce. It really is Delicious!

For dessert, Haley wanted Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Spicy Caramel Apple Sauce and Vanilla Bean Creme Anglaise ( recipe by Bobby Flay) and Chocolate, Chestnut and Orange Trifle by Giada. We are going with Apple Crisp and Pumpkin Pie!
Oh! The kids are also making a Turkey Gobbler for a centerpiece/appetizer.
What are you eating?

2 comments:

Julie/mom said...

SO fancy!
glad you have girls to do research AND cook!

Your menu sounds GREAT!
I put my menu on our Cole Blog...
colesdaily.blogspot.com

Now I have to go and roll out cinnamon rolls! I have (really, me and Heather) made 6 dozen regular rolls; plenty to eat!

GBART said...

Mom and I just ate our last roll yesterday.
Fantastic.
Forget about Rhodes Roll from now on.!!!