Sunday, July 6, 2008

God is good, all the time

So. I got fired last Tuesday. I am sure that you are asking yourself "why?". Well, I'd tell you if I actually knew. I was told on numerous occaisions by both my supervisor and my manager that I was going to be transistioned to a permanent position. Then, someone from SOS Staffing (the temp agency) called me and told that my services were no longer needed. This is very depressing.

So I am trying to figure out what to do next, where to apply, how to tweak my resume. Lots of stress. I need to bring in about $250 a week to pay into our budget. Mark is stressed, we don't have enough money to pay the rent and buy groceries. Everything is very bad.

Backtrack about 6 months ago or more. Mark receives notification that he has been invited to join in a class action, age discrimination lawsuit against a local company. He had applied twice for jobs there and wasn't hired. Mark filled out the paperwork and sent it in, thinking that we would see $50 or $100. Some nice change.

Saturday the mail comes with a certified letter. In the letter is a check, Mark's portion of the settlement. The check was for $3,120. Yes. Three THOUSAND dollars. Enough to pay off our tax debt to the US Government and for me to have a month--A MONTH--to look for a job.

On a funner note... I have just completed the largest painting I have ever attempted. Now, most of the time my art is very nonrepresentational abstract impressionism. Think bright colors on a canvas representing nothing -->










I usually paint on 11" X 16" canvases... about the size of legal size folder. This week I painted a fairly nice representation of a lion on a 24" X 30" canvas. It turned out... very nice:



Well, I'm happy with it anyway. This one is titled "Lion of Judah"

4 comments:

Julie/mom said...

I am glad things turned out surprisingly nice!

And that is a great painting of the lion!

Candice said...

Is it water color I see? What did you paint the lion in? Sorry about your job and stress. If it makes you feel better, I'm unemployed too!

G Dawney said...

I paint with acryllics because they dry fast... sometimes I use a blow dryer, to make it dry faster. I am a very impatient painter.

Being unemployed sucks. Trusting God to provide for us is amazing.

Nana said...

Dawney, I am so sorry about your work status. Your lion is impressive. He seems a little dark to me. Thank you for the FAT e-mail. It was very interesting. I am trying to lose. I've only lost 2 pds so far. It is very hard, but I'm not quitting!