Thursday, June 4, 2009

Who Are These People?

I "happened" upon a LARGE stack of pictures; these made me laugh or questions the participants. I am a share-er.....

When I first saw this one, I thought I knew the girl child, but couldn't recognize the boy! Guess who they are in the comments! Come on - guess this! If you don't know, ask your parent.

I have NEVER seen this picture, nor do I remember anything about it. Can anyone give any information. Notice how nice dad looks while traveling.

Name these children in diapers - 3 of them!!
CLASSIC MOM! THIS is Halloween!
The only thing I remember about this whole trip is my SHOES! I loved/love them and probably stared at them for the entire trip. Do people still dress up to go look at National Monuments? And did their mother sew their dress? I LOVE that too - oh the ruffle!
I need to go again. I will pay more attention to the surroundings.
Nana teaching her grandchildren table manners.

5 comments:

Candice said...

Duh! I know who all the children are. The first photo is Chase and Haley. The three children in diapers are Christopher, Jessica, and Steven. I think the age of dressing up is over. I remember Mom buying me a new outfit to wear for going on a plane ride when I was little. I can't believe how much Mother sewed for her three children.

G Dawney said...

Candice, the third child in diapers is Madison. Jessa is 4 years younger than Christopher and Steven.

The little Navajo child is Geraldine. She lived with us the year before we had you.

The traveling picture was probably taken by Mom, and most likely the trip we made when we moved from Dallas to Arcadia -- I think that is the same station wagon that the back end was crushed in an accident, and Dad painted "OUCH" in big black letters over the dent.

Julie/mom said...

Oh, my goodness, Dawney, such a great memory! I barely, kind of remember the ouch! And I agree with the Madison picture. I knew that would throw some people.

Nana said...

Oh, what fabulous pictures! so fun to see them. First pic - haley and Chase, probably right after they had come in from the front porch. That was where Chase learned how not to tinkle in his pants. I let and encouraged him to go to the front porch, find a gopher hole (imaginary) and tinkle in it. Haley noticed and decided she wanted to try it as well. So she did!
Second picture - Geraldine's school picture. She was in 2nd grade. Dawney has a great memory.
third picture - I remember taking the picture but don't remember what outing we were journeying on.
Liberty bell picture - Yes, we were a classy family. I loved all my little children. Baby Tatia stood on the concrete edge of the wrought iron fence around the White House, then promptly fell flat on her face. Dad and I were horrified!
Next pic - I did enjoy all my grandchildren ... I loved that beautiful home, now, glad it belongs to someone else. Julie, do some more pictures. PS, All the sewing (which at first I loved to do for my little beloveds) finally began to stick in my craw - so now, I hardly know how to use the machine any more. So glad Julie still sews, I can use her. Love you all.

GBART said...

I loved the trip down memory lane.
I can only add that the "Ouch" was painted on a Ford Station wagon that was my company car at Lever Bros. The vacation car was a beautiful Buick station wagon. I can't identify the vacation

Bumpa