Monday, July 20, 2009

Weight Loss Support Group!



Would you like to lose weight with me? I would love to have a support group to chat with about my week and what works and/or what doesn't. I've learned from going to my Mommy Support group that having a support group really helps and validates what you're going through. It is something I look forward to every week. Even if I don't share, I always learn something new.

I'm inviting all of YOU to join me in becoming more healthy. This is how it works: Anyone participating will need to make a comment/post each Monday. I will call it our "Monday Meetings." (I originally wanted to create a separate blog for this - but it's never going to happen . . . I can barely take a shower these days, so creating a new blog would take forever and I'm anxious to begin). In our Monday Meetings you can share whatever you'd like. For example, you can share whether you've lost/gained any weight that week, how often you exercised, or a good snack to eat. Anything is acceptable, you just need to share something.

Are you in?? Our first Monday Meeting will be a week from today - July 27th. During this week I encourage you to do several things to get started:
1. Set a weight loss goal. You need to know what you're aiming for.
2. Set an exercise goal. This is something you can share about on our Monday Meetings.
3. Go to www.livestrong.com and become familiar with the daily plate. I love this site. It will track your daily calories, graph your carb/fat/protein intake, tell you how many more calories you can eat for that day, keep track of your exercise, and many other things. My only caution is to take the time to get to know the site. There are a lot of sponsors and sometimes it can be confusing. But don't give up. Start creating your meals and it will be much easier. By the way, it's a free site inspired by Lance Armstrong.

Who's with me? Sign up below if you want to join our support group. I can't wait to see what positive effects come out of this. See you next Monday!

3 comments:

Nana said...

I'm in! But, shouldn't we give it so many months and the person who loses the most should get at least 100 dollars? We must, on our honor, be HONEST! WHAT SAY YOU.

Candice said...

The only person you are competing against is yourself. We are here to give you support for how every much you want to lose. But if you want to give me $100 I won't say no!

Julie/mom said...

I'm IN!
See you Monday!