Friday, August 1, 2008

The Glass is Half Full

Good things/blessing that happened during the broken leg incident:

  • I had just really shaved my legs the day before....the whole leg, not just up to my knee
  • I did not have to go potty until just before surgery. I was told that I would have a catheter during surgery, I didn't have one, still I didn't/wouldn't get up to go potty until 4:00 the next morning. Quite unlike me.
  • As Christopher and Steven were walking/jostling me to the car, my foot slammed back into place.
  • I wasn't even hungry all day. I could have lost a pound or two!
  • Christopher and Steven were home to get me to the hospital fast. In fact Christopher ran a red light for me.
  • I have reason to lay on the couch all day.
  • Just before I walked out the door, I wrote down all the children's names who were to come to the party. Quinn and Kylie were to make the "goodie" bags for me. Zak used that list to call and cancel the party.
  • Griffin told me "someone brought us dinner, so you don't have to make it!"

I would trade all this if I could just take those 15 seconds back.

2 comments:

Julie/mom said...

another positive I thought of: all these crunches I have been doing rearranging my foot/leg pillows every 15 minutes or so.

Nana said...

Griffin also cried: "Mommy, you forgot to get my ear fixed." As that was where you were going as you stepped out the door and crumbled up your leg! Just enjoy your time and keep reading books.
I have given Kenna a list of the books you have read and then she gets them. She has just finished "Peace . ." and "Rug Merchant". She wants more. . .