Friday, October 24, 2008

Do I really sound that bad?


Some of you know that Haley works for Feature Films for Families to help pay the school bills. Yes, she is one of those dreaded telemarketers. She does not like it and is on the lookout for a different job, but in the meantime...

She doesn't actually talk to people. She sits at a computer and pushes buttons. The computer dials a number. If someone answers and says hello, Haley pushes a button that responds. There are lots of buttons for lots of responses. The company has tried to make the computer sound as realistic as possible, but once in awhile someone will ask, "Is this a computer talking?" Haley then PUSHES A BUTTON that responds "Ha Ha Ha. Do I really sound that bad?" The laugh sounds real, not computer generated. Sometimes people get embarrassed.


It's good to laugh at work sometimes.

4 comments:

Julie/mom said...

Steven has also done telemarketing. They still make me crazy and I WILL ask, is this a human? If I get no response, I hang up. I love it when I make ther person get off their script and they are NOT sure what to do.

Happy she has a job!!

Christopher said...

that system would be so much fun to play with at home. I wish I had it. I would call Mom and make the computer talk to her.

Christopher said...

By the way, I love the picture you found for this post.

Nana said...

I thought she still worked at jiffy lube!!