Thursday, October 30, 2008

I HATE INSURANCE



The bills continue to roll in for Allysa's surgery. Today, I got a new one from 2 "providers" I didn't know. They appeared to have something to do with reading xrays. WHAT! I never spoke to these doctors. They were part of the surgery. They spent 30 seconds looking at Allysa's xray and they are billing me separately! Next thing I know, I am going to get separate bills from the surgical nurses, from the janitor and from the cadaver himself. WHATEVER HAPPENS DURING THE COURSE OF A NORMAL SURGERY SHOULD BE PART OF THE SURGICAL BILL. True, my portion of the bill is only $30.21. But that's NOT THE POINT.

Christopher, Steven, Tim, Haley, Jessica, & Morgan - STOP what you are doing and become an xray technician. You can charge $258.49 for 30 seconds work. Zak, add up what that makes an hour.

Now, lest anyone out there think that this means I am in favor of a nationalized health plan. I AM NOT. Had we been under such a plan, Allysa would not have had her surgery 2 days after the diagnosis and would not have had enough time to rehab completely before track season begins, would not have been State Champ for a 2nd year in a row, the scholarships would have dried up and THAT would cost us another $50,000.

I feel much better now that I have vented. The End.

4 comments:

Nana said...

You could come over and look at my beautiful pansies that you planted. That is guaranteed serenity.

Julie/mom said...

Tatia, I am shocked that $30 is all you had to pay for that surgery! We had to pay $150 to get my screws out - about a 20 minute surgery and the other surgeries were around $1500! Feel VERY blessed about your insurance. I believe we just finished paying off Chase's lung surgery.

Christopher said...

When you get a bill from the cadaver, let us know. You should set up a meeting with him (it) to discuss the charges.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...KABOOM! That was me falling off my chair laughing. The $30 payment was from the xray tech. The other bills from her surgery come to over $4000. And that's our part. The whole thing was over $20,000. It's a good thing Don doesn't read the blog!