Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

We are on our way to a New Year's Eve Party at the Sportsman's Lodge in Studio City. They are serving dinner (prime rib, salmon, lamb, shrimp, lobster, etc.) yummy for me, and a big band is playing so we can dance - fun for Gil. I can't dance like I used to, but I still like to get dressed up. I'm wearing Erin Stevens' maternity dress. She is the person who is attributed with bringing back swing dance. She founded Pasadena Ballroom Dance Association with her sister. That's where Gil and I go dancing every Saturday. She was nice enough to bring me some of her dancing dresses for me to wear while I was pregnant. I thought that was very nice of her. It should be a fun night.

Happy New Year to everyone! Hope you have a wonderful year! Love you!!!

9 comments:

Candice said...

And NO, Mom, that is not real champagne!!!

G Dawney said...

How about Gil's? Is THAT real champagne?

Julie/mom said...

I'm glad you two had a good time. We played our usual Family New Year's Eve game. Every year it is longer than the last year.

Then we watched Bigger, Stronger, Faster. It was very interesting. I reccommend it too. I got it because of Tatia's post.

TATIA: where did you find out about that movie anyway??

Anonymous said...

Candice - you are so cute! Julie, explain your New Years Eve game again. Maybe I will do it next year. I have never liked New Years Eve. I cannot remember how I learned about the steroid movie...Maybe I was looking for something like Happy Valley, which I also HIGHLY recommend. It is about drug usage in your own backyard. SHOCKING. VERY well done.

Anonymous said...

P.S. Candice - what an ADORABLE mirror that is behind you!

Nana said...

CM; How FUN to see someone so bright and cheery (I think we were all just a centimeter down up here due to show and cold). I think Dad and I just climbed in bed and watched a movie, maybe, I can't remember. I just remember how much I appreciate my bed when I get into it! anyway, you both looked absolutely gorgeous!! I hope you danced the night away. Love you!!

GBART said...

Mom and I had many a night like this. We have no regrets that our time is past and only grateful that we still have one young enough to really celebrate the New Year.
But don't feel bad for us. We are happy to celebrate in our own home, comfortable, healthy, and happy for each others companionship. These really are "Golden Years".

Love you

Dad

Candice said...

T.P. Yes, the mirror is adorable, isn't it? And did you notice the clock to the right of us? I really enjoy that too.

I think New Year's is my favorite holiday because you can anticipate great things in the year to come.

I always set goals with my girlfriends (Amy and Rosa) at New Year's. Does anybody want to share theirs?

Nana said...

Yes, I'll share my goals. I am #1 on my priority list. More exercise - Yoga, walking on treadmill and, I hope, water aerobics. Eat healthier, not to eat so much, 5 flights of stairs every day, keep my hair red, and lose the weight!! I luv you all