Monday, December 29, 2008

Jimmy learned to roll over



Jimmy WAS the name of Justin's jeep. So yesterday me and Justin were on our way over to Montana to see his family and some of our friends for New Years. We made it half way to Pocotello ID. The roads where fine not much snow at all! Sadly how ever we hit a patch of black ice. Justin tired to correct it but it ended up over correcting and we went off the road into a snowie meadowish thing we hit about a foot and half of snow and then we rolled. The cab broke into about a million peice's as we rolled and all of our stuff flew out. We rolled about 9 times. When we finally stopped we landed on the driver side where Justin immediatly got him out and lifted me up and unbuckled me and got me out of the car. About 4 or 5 cars stopped to make sure we were ok. One lady came up to us and asked if we were ok said that we could sit in her van and wait for the abolance to show up she had already called 911. She told us to gather our stuff together then come wait in the van. 2 sweeter than sweet guys who couldn't speak very much english asked if we were ok we nodded yes. and with out even asking them to they started to pick up our stuff and put it together in a pill. we were searching for justins phone and by the time we got to the start of were we started rolling we turned around and EVERYBODY was gone but the 2 latino guys! We couldn't find justin's phone but we called his mom to tell her what happend and her reply to all this was I'm on my way. We got to the hospital and all that was wrong was that Justin has a concusion and I'm just bruised, scrapped, cut a little bit, and I have little teeny tiny glass shareds in my face back and head. We practically walked away unharmed. Trust me i've have thanked god so many times over and over again that we are alive. So a little update. We are sore and tired. So that was are attempt to going to Montana. :)

6 comments:

Julie/mom said...

Wow, Jessica. So glad you are ok! What a scary situation.

Nana said...

Jessica, that's just too close for comfort! I'm so thankful that you had your seatbelt's on. Otherwise you would have been thrown. Did Justin find his phone? Did the Mom come? And are you back now? When do you go back to work? Take care, and be safe. I love you. Nana

JessicaG. said...

We couldn't find Justin's phone. He is getting another one today. His mom came with out us asking her to. We are home now. I don't go back to work until Jan 5th so plenty of time to rest.
Hope I promise I won't die. I walked away from that practically untouched.

Anonymous said...

I am horrorstruck and so grateful at the same time. Jess, you were so blessed. And so were we.

Candice said...

Oh My Gosh!!! 9 times??? You are so lucky you were wearing your seat belt. You have angels watching over you and Justin. I'm glad you're ok. Luv you.

GBART said...

Jessica

Angels have a lot more success watching over you when you make wise choices.... like wearing your seat belt.
Thanks for being wise!

Love Ya