Thursday, October 15, 2009

Bumpa's First Blog

I am in the Family History Library, in the Special Collections room. I decided to write a blog. First I read all of Chases letters on the blog. Then I read every blog, and every comment of every person on the blog. How informative... and entertaining. I guess I have a new activity for when I get bored. When I am on "the floor" it would be harder to do because I am supposed to be helping patrons... which I enjoy doing.

I have tried to blog before but just could't figure it out. I hope I have this time.

Nana went to yoga this morning.... after we walked. She really likes yoga and I really like her to go because it really helps her flexibility. We walk almost every single day... about 25 --35 minutes. We both feel a lot better when we start the day with a walk.

Nana broke a barrier this morning with her weight at 149. It has been a log hard strugle but she has been relentless. A big hip hip hooray for her. She has lost weight very slowly, but very consistently, which is the best program. She has lost 16 pounds in about 18 months. Meantime.... I just continue to yo yo but I must admit I have not been as faithful as her.

Since we returned from the Omni Clinic in Las Vegas she has been way better in her eating habits. It is clear that most of her health problems seem to be from her food alergies....... bread (wheat) dairy, sugar. She has felt much better since we came home and I think it has given her a strong motivation.

Well.... that was a long blog

Until we meet again

Bumpa

4 comments:

Tim Glenn said...

Is that the same as the LDS archives? I have to start working there next month for my job.

Julie/mom said...

How long did it take you to READ ALL that??
Glad Nana has broken the barrier!! That is always exciting.

And to Nana (Mom) at times when you feel bad you cannot have bread or sugar, just know that I am not eating it either.

Great post Bumpa!!
Do it again!

GBART said...

Tim
I think LDS Archives is different.
It is probably in the new Church History Building.
I am in the Family History Library.
Most of my time I spend on the 2nd floor in US /Canada Area

GBART said...

Julie
It took an hour but it was really fun!!!!