Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Job hunt!

I have 5 interviews tomorrow. I had 1 today. I have 1 on Friday. I've had many more in the last 2 weeks. I've talked to all sorts of places, ranging from local jobs in Provo and/or SLC to much larger companies. I am flying out all over the United States in the next month. I've spoken to the CIA, FBI, NCIS (mostly because of the TV show) among others. I accidentally mentioned DirecTV in my interview with Dish Network (they didn't appreciate that...I didn't get a job offer there). So far the my favorite job has been working for Ernst & Young as a hacker. This job is in Houston, which would be funny because we all know that is where Chase is. I've gotten USB drives, water bottles, frisbees, squirt guns, flashlights, t-shirts, candy, pens, yo-yos, a sweatshirt, a travel bag, a pocketknife, several dinners, and a hand sanitizer that looks like a highlighter (that was the FBI's).

The job hunt is exciting and tiring, and practically like a full-time job itself.

3 comments:

Candice said...

Great post! Very informative and entertaining. I love all the acronyms! Good luck in your search. You deserve a great job!

Tatia said...

PLEASE PLEASE GO TO WORK FOR NCIS!!!! OR FBI OR CIA...I have ALWAYS wanted to be a spy. I can live vicariously through you...and I won't tell anyone that you told me who you really work for!!!!

Nana said...

Steven, I'm just so proud of you - and very delighted to be your grandmother. Good luck with all you do - you have done everything right!