Friday, October 2, 2009

New Running Shoes

Yesterday I had a great experience buying new running shoes. I have needed to buy new shoes since mine were a couple years old and I know were not doing me any favors. I was referred to a "real" running store in Sherman Oaks where they "fit" your foot for the right type of shoe. So I packed up Teo in the stroller and off we went to the store. It was actually quite close to my house.

The man/boy who helped me was very nice. I'm guessing he was Christopher's age. He first measured my foot and checked my arches to see where I needed extra support. He then brought me out three different shoes to try - I didn't do any of the picking, he did it all. I felt like one of those clothing stores where you sit on a couch and the sales people bring you all the clothes to try on.

He was very informative and told me that these were the best type of shoe for my foot. He brought out three different makers, for my type, and for me to choose the most comfortable one. As part of the process, he had me run on a treadmill while a camera filmed me from behind to check if the shoes were doing what they were supposed to! It was very fun.

As I purchased the shoes he asked if I wanted any information on running groups in the area - I said, "of course." He told me of a mom's group and other ones I could join. He also told me of a half marathon in December I could do in LA. I'm very tempted. Maybe Tatia could come down and join me!!!

In the end I chose a purple Reebok (see picture above) and went running in them this morning for the first time. They felt great and I felt great. I'm happy to have my new shoes.

6 comments:

Tatia said...

no marathon for me, but I would love to come down and buy some shoes from your guy!
Very cute shoes!

G Dawney said...

Road TRIP!!!

I'm in. I would love a new pair of shoes.

Nana said...

This is Dad
I wish I lived by a store like that!!!
I really need new shoes,

Nana said...

Am so glad you got your shoes. If you run in the half marathon, maybe Dad could be persuaded to come (with me of course)and meet you at the finish line with a big "hurrah"!!

Candice said...

You are more than welcome to come. The day is Dec. 6th. We begin at Griffith Park and end in downtown LA. I would love to see you.

JessicaG. said...

I so wish I had the money cause I would do it in a heart beat!