Friday, October 23, 2009

more interview update

Wonder what I've been doing? Well considering the "down" economy and all, I decided I'd play the numbers game for getting a job. I figured that if I applied everywhere, I'd at least get one job offer, right? Well...try a dozen. So far, I have interviewed with 23 different companies. I have either already flown or will fly to San Antonio, San Jose, Houston (twice), Washington DC (three times), Livermore, and Seattle. I've been in DC most of this week also to present the paper at the conference I published in.


Basically what I've learned is that computer security is a really hot topic. If you want a job (or 12), tell people you do computer security.

3 comments:

Tatia said...

Go NCIS!!!!

Candice said...

Great update. Which one are you leaning towards?

GBART said...

Choices have consequenses!
And you have made may wise choices.
Now you will reap the rewards of your sacrifices for the past few years for many years to come.
We are all very proud of you Christopher.

DC would be a very exciting adventure. And probably very rewarding as well. Just think of the thousands of young women working in all those offices.
All of the very smart!
One of them could be the one for you!!!!!
Love you
Bumpa