Sunday, October 11, 2009

NEWS!


We're engaged! (Big surprise, I know).

Heather and I had already gone ring shopping together, so the challenge was coming up with a way to actually surprise her.

Here's how I did it:

We went out to dinner and then came back to Nana's to watch a movie downstairs. It was a typical date, nothing out of the ordinary. After the movie had been playing for about 10 minutes, I said that I had to go to the bathroom, don't stop the movie for me. A few seconds after I left the room, the movie abruptly changes scenes and I pop onto the screen. Surprise! I talk to her from the screen for a minute, then I point to the doorway and say that there is someone who needs to say something. The screen goes black, then I came out into the room playing my guitar and sang her a little song. Then I dropped to one knee...

...and she said yes. The end!

3 comments:

Candice said...

What song did you sing??? And did you make a recording of it???

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you both!!!

JessicaG. said...

Fantastic!!!! Mostly cause I like her.

Tatia said...

HIP HIP HOORAY! You can never go wrong with a Political Science graduate who is also the second to last child in her family!