Thursday, May 14, 2009

Is there such a thing as NOT being Disappointed in TV?

I have 3 shows that I watch...24, American Idol, and Lost. All three have let me down.

24 was a bad story and bad acting.

My favorite on American Idol was voted off last night. I have no interest in the final competition next week. Adam Lambert is definitely a performer, but I don't like either the music or the style of hard rock and that is what he will end up doing. I finally saw what people were saying about Tim being his lookalike. He does act and look a lot like Tim. But Tim is not boring.

Lost...lost their way after the first season and has never found its way back again. this season was completely convoluted. I saw no rhyme nor reason to any of it, and, really, if real people patterned their relationships after Jack and Kate, there is no wonder relationships are down the toilet. I think JJ Abrahms stretched himself too far these past few years. All his energy obviously went into Star Trek, which I loved.

what are your shows?

7 comments:

G Dawney said...

Oh my goodness, Tatia, we have several LOST nuts in our house.

I will admit to watching WAY to much TV. My favorites include:
--Bones
--House
--Fringe
--Terminator
--Dollhouse
--Lie to Me
--Grey's Anatomy
--Private Practice
--Brothers & Sisters
--Criminal Minds (which I don't see anymore)
--The Mentalist
--NCIS
--Numb3rs
--The Big Bang Theory
--Heroes
--Chuck

Now, before you all complain about my viewing, I watch most of this on Hulu.com, on my days off, when I don't have other things to do. In fact, I got this list from my Hulu page.

G Dawney said...

Oh, and it is Kris Allen that is such a Tim-look-alike. Did you know that both Kris and Danny are worship leaders in their church? Do you realize that Tim is part of the Worship Team at his church? Hmmmmmm....

Julie/mom said...

I like 24 for what it is. I do like to make fun of it - the pain and suffer/torturing then 2 scenes later all is well, oh, there may be a band aid.

I like lost too. It is now reminding me of Dallas when someone took a shower, and we were to know that the previous season was all a dream. I liked last night's show.

I haven't watched AI this season. I watched Biggest loser.

I really like the reality shows; biggest loser, celebrity apprentice, amazing race

Candice said...

ditto

Bethany said...

Interesting? Mike and I have completely different TV shows that we love to watch:

Beth & Mike:
House
Smallville
The Unit
Ax Men
The Daily Show
The Colbert Report

Beth:
Jon & Kate Plus 8
Any ABC News program

Mike:
Ice Road Truckers
Pinks
Motorcycle Racing on Speed TV
Monster Jam

Steven said...

Heroes
House
The Office
Scrubs

I also like some reality TV, its called Sports Center :)

Nana said...

Dawney, regarding your second comment: Does it mean all three are supposed to look like Jesus? OK - to Tatia's TV watching . . . Lost was lost after the first season - it was nutty, and all those strange sounds. 24 - I like kevin but in the show he is always yelling and demanding - by the time the show is over my blood pressure has risen. I quit watching that first season. We used to really like the "Unit". But then, the director of Lost must have been hired and that show lost me. I still really like NCIS and Dancing With The Stars. Dad does not watch the last show with me. But, OH, I love the dancing and the bodies. It was good to hear from Steven. He always makes me smile. We need to hear more from you Macahoney 'look alike'!