Tuesday, May 12, 2009

MOTHERS DAY AT THE PAYNES - WILD AND CRAZY!!


Before I begin, let me just say it seems that the writing just goes where it wants to go. I don't seem to have any way of controling it. Please forgive me. I still have lots to learn about posting on this blog!!
Sophia is out on the ball court playing ball. She can certainly entertain herself and she always wears a smile. Around her, one can't help but be happy! I was so happy when Don came. He brought me one of my favorite presents - 2 dishcloths! They are wonderful. One of his patients knits them. I am always so happy when he remembers me. It was so nice to see most of my family. But we did miss CMP and Tanner and Teo. They should have been there since Gil had gone to AZ to a friend's wedding. And, of course I always want to see the Coles - however, I know how much they like to be a family unto themselves. I love you all.


After dinner, we all left Dad and Don to do the dishes and clean the kitchen. (They always do that) while the rest of us gathered round the piano to sing. Bart and Dawney were singing "Consider the Lilies" when Bart (I love his tender heart) burst out sobbing, so Dawney told him a story about a little chickie inside the eggshell. I would like to hear the rest of that story, Dawney - as you know, I was busy selecting more music to sing. This is my pinoltimet thing - to gather round and hear my children sing. They were singing songs I and chosen to be sung at my funeral!!


Here are Katie and Daniel. They are both 13 yrs. old!!



Here is Jenna. She likes to sit on her Daddy's lap and be right in the middle of things.




Here is Katy with her dad. What a fun girl. I think the whole family was happy. They had just eaten at their other Grandparents house. Now they were coming for Carne Asada! We were all so happy to see them.





Katie came with a whole new look. Plus, she is about 2 inches taller!!






Here is Jessica, playing on the ball court.







Here is Mo. A beautiful and majestic soul. Am so happy she is my granddaughter. Sorry, I didn't get the picture right.








Here is Daniel doing his bit.









Don helped all his children and others to do a professional job.










I had previously bought some beautiful "bleeding hearts" for each grandchld to plant for Nana. Here is Tatia helping to dig the holes.











Fancy toenails by Katie and Diana.


























8 comments:

Nana said...

I DON'T KNOW WHY THE LAST LINE FAILED TO STAY ON THE BLOG.(it was actually supposed to be the first line) the fancy purple townails with the great artwork belongs to what person?!! They look just like her!

Candice said...

I'm guessing Morgan has the purple toenails.

I love all the pictures. I can imagine everyone having a good time. I feel like I was there!

I had carne asada that day too. Tanner took me to my favorite Mexican restaurant. It was very good.

Please explain Daniel's face.

Nana said...

Can anyone ever explain Daniel's face?!! It took about 5 minutes of waiting to get that one. And by the time I got that one it looked like the best he could give - so I quickly snapped the picture. He is such a cute boy but you gotta catch him when he is oblivious to a camera. And, no, they are not Mo's toes!

Bethany said...

Are they my mother's toes? I'm guessing based on the length.

G Dawney said...

My toenails ARE NOT TOO LONG!!

And yes, those are my toes.

Julie/mom said...

Bethany, your comment, then Dawney's, made me laugh out loud! Some people like longer toenails. That's ok. It gives your toenail person more to work with.

I like mine short.

Candice said...

Wow! I noticed the length of the toenails - that would drive me crazy! You know I barely have toenails because I keep them so short. That's why I can't get a pedicure. The girl has nothing to do.

Nana said...

I have a fake toenail on each big toe. So my feet look pretty good.