Friday, May 8, 2009

Would You Like to See Our Baby Registries?

At the request of my mother and a couple of my girlfriends, Mike and I have created a couple of baby registries for our soon to be here baby boy.

Initially, we didn’t think that it was even worth our time because we don’t exactly have the world’s largest support system. You see, within the military community it can be very hard to maintain friendships because everyone moves, every two years or so, and it’s quite easy to loose contact. Not to mention, you all know that we don’t live near our families and while we try to visit as much as possible, it’s never enough.

However, my two girlfriends kept persisting and now my mother has decided to throw me a baby shower, for which I am ever so grateful. So, we decided to go ahead with the baby registries. I will attend the baby shower via Skype, the same way Mike and I talk to Ryan every Sunday.

We have registered at both Target and Babies R Us. You can find the registries in-store or online at www.target.com/registry/baby/find or www.babiesrus.com. You can find us under Bethany Stephens or Michael Stephens in Missouri.

We wanted to register at IKEA, but apparently an IKEA registry doesn’t exist. Mike and I are going to purchase the entire nursery from IKEA – really, all of it. Why? Because it’s great stuff that is pretty inexpensive. Not to mention our love for all things European. If you would like to help us with the nursery cost, IKEA gift cards are another great gift choice.

We have already purchased a car seat, stroller and pack n play because I found a good deal on a great set! We already the have basics covered on newborn and 0-3 months clothing as well. If anyone would like to gift us with clothing, please consider 3-12 months sizes also.

I have also noticed that I am really not impressed with store bought blankets after seeing all the homemade creations in our family over the years. Julie & Nana - I think I will be enlisting your services – I’ll be in touch.

Mike and I will be ever so thankful for any and all help we might receive. Thank you!

5 comments:

Candice said...

gift cards are great!

Julie/mom said...

I'll be happy to make you a sweet boy blanket!

Bethany said...

Thank you Julie!!!

Nana said...

And I have a cople of blankets already to send to you. Do you like the fish of the sea by any chance. When I was in Hawaii, I bought a darling quilt that had all the fish in the sea.

Bethany said...

Thank you Nana! Yes, we love the fish of the sea!