Friday, July 27, 2007

Daniel and the Dunking Tank

Today, William Beaumont Army Medical Center had a carnival day for all employees at the local minor league baseball field. The kids had a ball!! Daniel took it upon himself to become the designated dunkee at the dunking tank. Jenna and Sophie also took turns being dunked, but they grew tired of it after 45 minutes or so and left for other activities. Daniel stayed on the platform for the next 2 1/2 hours. When it came time to leave, I went to get him. He said "No, Mom. I'm the only dunkee they have. I'm staying." Well, anyone who has tried to convince Daniel to do something he has decided not to do will know what comes next.
When I reached in to grab him, he simply moved away and splashed me a good one. Shocked, I stupidly reached for him again. He, of course, splashed me again. He was giggling. The onlookers were laughing. I realized i had no way to get him out so I decided to go in after him, which I did. We had a good wrestle in the dunking tank. Of course, I couldn't get him out until someone else's kids said they would take over being the dunkee, then he voluntarily climbed right out. He took his self-imposed responsibility seriously. It wasn't until I had climbed out myself
that I remembered my phone...Yikes. So, it is currently drying out. I am hoping hoping hoping that it will still work when I put the dried-out battery into the dried-out phone. Nobody call me.

4 comments:

G Dawney said...

laughing too hard at the picture of Tatia and Daniel wrestling in the dunking tank to make a comment!!!

Nana said...

I can just picture it! Now, would you get back here - I need a few laughs.

Candice said...

While an amusing one, sounds like a very elaborate story to just have no one call you. I'll be sure not to call. — Gil

Candice said...

I love the clip art you found. Just perfect! - the real me.