Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Nana & Kate's fun day

Okay, Kate came to spend the day with me (Nana). She thought she might like to take the "trax" into SLC....which is what we did. We tried to get tickets - that was murder because, you know I have a very hard time reading directions. I was wishing Julie was there to buy our tickets for us!! Well, we finally did it. Had a great ride. stopped at City Center. Went to see Bumpa at the JS Building. It was wonderfully cool. He was shocked and happily surprised. He took us to lunch. Kate chose Pizza and a glazed doughnut, Dad and I picked a Taco Salad. It was not a southwest taco salad so it was very dry and nasty. After our lunch Kate and I decided to visit the Beehive House and have a tour. (My very first grandchild to want to go through the house. It was so fun. Somewhere along the way the sweet young tour guide mentioned to the people that at one time the house had been a boarding house. The people wanted to know who boarded there. She didn't know so I piped up and said it was for out of town girls who came into the city to go to school and that I was one of them. Everybody looked at me as though they were shocked. I was able to show them my former room.!! It was all fun - we liked the tour very much!!

Oh, and by the way, after buying tickets to get on the trax, we were riding into the city when the conductor came along and asked for everyone's tickets. A man sitting next to us searched and searched and made excuses because he didn't get a ticket so the conductor said to him, "let's get off at the next stop." I think the fine for not having a ticket is $250.00

I got mixed up thinking that Don's birthday was today instead of yesterday so now I think I am in the dog house. But HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DON!!! AND if I forget again, I will say HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DEENA on 6 July, MATTHEW PAYNE on the 8th, JULIE & KERRY anniversary on the 9th, STEVEN on the 10th, CREE KOFFORD 11th. JENNA is on the 21st. CMPJ, 26TH and GRIFFIN, who is a Wednesday's Child is on the 30th!! There now, done for the month!

I just came across this exercise which looks like a good one and I thought that maybe those of my children who do not exercise might like this one.

The article suggested doing it three days a week.

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side. With a 5-lb potato sack in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, then relax.

Each day, you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer. After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato sacks.

Then 50-lb potato sacks and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb potato sack in each hand and hold your arm straight for more than a full minute. (I'm at this level)

After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the sacks!!

3 comments:

Quinn said...

very funny

Julie/mom said...

Mom, your post was great. Nice use of the "Bold" key!

G Dawney said...

Sherma, I hate to argue with you... who are we kidding? I love to argue with you! Anyway, all four of my kids have loved going through the Beehive House and hearing how their Nana lived there while going to school. Jess and Mo have been through twice (once when they were really too young to remember).

The last time we went through, we met the nicest guide whose last name was Blackham. I told her that was my grandmother's maiden name and she proceeded to tell me that we must be related then, as all the Blackhams in the valley are decendants from the same fellow, who came over with the pioneers.

We love family heritage!!!