Monday, March 2, 2009

HAWAII AND VALENTINE DINNER


We are in Honolulu. We visited Mark. He was wonderful, delightful, sweet, and humble. He has four fancy cars, two corvettes, I think a Mazaretti, (I can't remember) and some other. I asked him what colors they were, red? and he said yes, red. He has a beautiful rosewood grand piano that he plays his hymns on. And he took us to an Italian place for lunch - Dad payed. Lots of men in Hawaii have hair (pony tails). He was one of our highlights.

Here we are eating dinner at Robin and Elizabeth's condo which is on the Coconut Plantation in Koolina. She loves to cook. The food was delicious. When I left there I actually wanted a regular little McDonalds' hamburger with extra ketchup and extra dill pickles!

At the temple (it is being renovated and won't open 'till 2010 (I hope that is right.) The Hibiscus's were beautiful. I took all the pictures.


This is a very sweet Missionary from the Phillipines. She looked so young. We didn't see her companion. She helped me erase all the pictures from my camera.


This is one of the lagoons in Ko Olina. Lovely beach, not very busy. Elizabeth and I lounged there all day.




Other side of the Lagoon.









Elizabeth is usually always happy and pretty.




This is the Marriott Hotel, right off the Lagoon. We went to breakfast there. Robin and Elizabeth wanted to go - I so preferred Dad's breakfasts. I wanted his pancakes and homemade syrup!







Our day at the beach. I wasn't wearing my bathing suit because I didn't know we would be staying. Although my long skirt that I bought from the beach peddlers in Acapulco would have been just the thing for my day at the beach. I was lounging comfortable in my suitcase at the condo!















Dawney is cooking our Valentine Dinner for her siblings and Parents. She is always happy when she is cooking. Great Dinner! We had Carne Asada.

6 comments:

Julie/mom said...

Great pictures, Mom!

I did NOT picture Elizabeth with all that curly, blonde hair! She does look happy.

Looks like you had a lovely time.

I am pleased to correct the all time spelling champion: paid is spelled Paid, not Payed. Nice try.

Nana said...

I must be getting old!! The brain doesn't work as well. When I wrote it I thought it didn't look right. Thank you for being so gracious about it!

Nana said...

I must be getting old!! The brain doesn't work as well. When I wrote it I thought it didn't look right. Thank you for being so gracious about it!

G Dawney said...

Sherma, remind me to show you how not to post the comment more than once!!!

Candice said...

Dawney, you look so pretty. Did you just get your hair done? I think you're even wearing lipstick!!!

G Dawney said...

Candice - I did it all up. Don even noticed! I was even wearing MASCARA!!!!