Tuesday, March 17, 2009

This is my Life!

I was sick on tuesday. Jenna got sick (flu) on Thursday - had to stay home from work. Friday, Sophia was the lead in her 3rd grade play! Called "Rumpus in the Rainforest", she played a frog who desperately wanted to get a peek at the sky and so she asked all the different animals if they could help her. They all said no. She finally realized that she had been focusing on her own problems and had forgotten all about her friend the toucan, who was hurt. She decided to forget about herself and help her friend instead. As a result, the toucan was healed and carried her up to the sky!

Friday afternoon, Allysa had her first track meet. She had not yet run a full 300m hurdle. I was scared to death. I think I started to cry as she went over the first hurdle, praying that she wouldn't fall and kill her knee forever. Then I realized she was ahead of everyone! The last two hurdles, her form was terrible but SHE WON THE RACE! Then I put my hands over my face and REALLY cried. I hadn't realized I was that stressed over it! A little later, Lys ran the anchor leg of the 4x400 relay...and they won that race too! Yippee!

Sat - worked 8:30 - 4:00. yuk. Then I met all 4 of my girls plus Teenie (she might as well be one of my girls) to shop for Allysa's prom dress. Found a Beautiful dress! Lys wasn't sure she wanted to part with that much money...(she's a tightwad) but she finally went for it! (she had to pay half) After prom, we will dye it white and it will be her wedding dress! Not really. In my dreams.

Sunday, Mom and Dad came to my ward to hear my ward choir sing. I must say they are magnificent! I LOVE this calling. I love choosing beautiful arrangments and songs and interpreting them. We had 24 people in the choir on Sunday. They think I am terrific! Then off to a GREAT Sunday dinner...roast chicken, potes, gravy, asparagus, carrots, yummy salad, strawberries...perfect.

Monday - Jenna, Sophie, AND Haley all are sick sick sick with the flu. In 18 years as a mother, I have never had 3 children down at the exact same time with the flu. yuk. Plus, I had to do all the laundry today.

Tuesday - I signed up with ESPN for March Madness! Now, I will have to get the rest of the family signed up, too!
Here are pictures of Sophie's play.

sophie & Jenna after the play
Sophie in rumpus in the Rainforest
She is about to be squeezed by the "boa" constrictors
Joyful Face
Wishing she could see the sky

8 comments:

Candice said...

I love all the info - I cannot believe about Alyssa! Amazing! Congrats to Sophie. Yucky for all the flu. Isn't Friday your last day?? Have you made the cut off? Tell about that next!

Nana said...

A little vignette: About the star of the Rumpus in the Forest. Sophie went to primary on Sunday, her teacher also works at the Family History where Dadd works. She was telling her class about her job. Suddenly, there was a little hand waving at her. The teacher said, "Sophie, do you have something to say?"
Sophie asked: "Do you know Bro Payne who works up there?"
Teacher replied: Why yes, I do.
Sophie: "Well, he's my Bumpa!!"

Julie/mom said...

Great pictures, Tatia!
Glad Allyssa's knee is so well healed!
Hopefully, you have had your fill of sicknesses for awhile!

Keep working on the rest of the hansens about signing up!

Julie/mom said...

Did Allyssa compete in the State Championship track meet last year?

I went to a too long and boring meeting about track for Zak last night. He did talk about the different levels of competition. It was mostly an awful meeting though.

Anonymous said...

Julie, Allysa WON the state championship last year as a SOPHMORE! (for the 300m hurdles. Christopher and Steven were there. They were great supporters!) She just got her ring 3 days before the race. It is a great motivator. I L O V E track. I love the individual nature of it. I love the positive support as kids from all different "groups" at school cheer each other on. I love watching the athleticism, the endurance of these kids and I love being a part of encouraging them.

Candice said...

Sorry - Allysa!

Julie/mom said...

Candice, what are you "sorry - Allysa" about....I have read everything again and can spot nothing?

Candice said...

I spelled her name wrong so I'm apologizing and then spelling her name correctly!